Lorna is a London based lifestyle blogger who goes by the online moniker of Lorna Luxe. We caught up with her to find out more about her personal style, favourite designers and her thoughts on the off-the-shoulder trend.
1. How would you describe your style in three words?
‘Simplicity is key.’
2. Who are your favourite designers and why?
‘Stella McCartney - always looks so different and BETTER than on the hanger.’
‘Balenciaga - for reigniting my love for plaid and making flat boots cool again.’
3. What wardrobe basics do you think should be in everyone’s wardrobe?
‘Skinny jeans - my favourite is Donna Ida, soft cotton white tee - my favourite is Anine Bing, for white kicks - my go to is Alexander McQueen and a killer coat for winter... I’ve just bought the Alexa Chung Trench from Farfetch.’
4. Before blogging, did you always love fashion and what made you want to be a part of the industry?
‘I did. I was long haul cabin crew for Virgin before I blogged so spent a lot of the time I was away shopping and scouring malls/markets for something different. Nothing's really changed since I changed career.’
5. What are your favourite items to wear for a weekday look? How do you enhance your looks for the evening?
‘I'm a big fan of toughening up a girly tea dress with studded leather ankle boots or white kicks. In the evening I throw on a blazer and add a strappy sandal.’
6. Do you think it’s important to complete outfits by wearing jewellery and accessories?
I do. I think that's where the story becomes yours and where you can add personality. Something as simple as a fine gold necklace or a classic pair of aviator sunnies can amp up the whole look.’
7. How long did it take you to build your extensive designer wardrobe?
‘Since birth and we're still in the renovation stage.’
8. How do you like to organise your wardrobe and accessories at home, do you like to use clothes rails?
‘I have a room with floor to ceiling mirrored wardrobes on every wall - it's a narcissistic paradise but also super practical for hiding all my mess inside. Organised chaos I like to call it.’
9. How do you plan for all your amazing looks, do you like to go by trends or be inspired by a certain piece?
‘I'm surprisingly not too trend led. If in the end I do buy into a trend I buy in big and often have multiple pieces in that style - this summer I’ve rarely worn anything that wasn't off the shoulder - those pieces I’ve styled with classics I rely upon year after year.’
10. How do you like to make the decision to invest into designer clothing?
‘Coats take priority as I tend to make only one investment coat purchase a year. I look out for key pieces I know will work all year round. And I never consider the price of denim when I buy - a good pair of jeans is priceless.’
You can follow Lorna Luxe on Instagram here