Lindsey Holland is a London-based style blogger with a Scandinavian aesthetic that is sharp and sophisticated. Her favoured look is a sensational blend of simplistic design with a Northern European twist – think shaggy blonde hair paired with icy blue and white hues, and finished off with rustic knitwear.
Lindsey's nonchalant Nordic style has garnered much attention on the street-style pages of major fashion magazines including Vogue, Grazia, and more recently Glamour, who named her a UK ‘one to watch’ for 2017. This is probably why her Instagram following is so enviable at the moment - simply flick through a few of her pictures and you’ll instantly fall in love with her penchant for eye-catching street-style as well as relaxing days at home with her family. We caught up with her over cookies and cakes to get to know more about this amazing lifestyle, and to understand what Farfetch pieces she wants this season to make her way of life even more comforting and cool.
1. Name 3 words that best describe your style?
Clean, minimal, fuss-free.
2. What are your top 3 essential clothing items?
A great plain tee, but it’s got be be amazing quality!
Gucci loafers, they are just so comfortable.
Vintage, light denim Levi's 501’s.
3. If you could collaborate with any fashion designer in the world on your blog, who would it be and why?
It would have to be Acne Studios. I always treat myself to a piece each season, but they really would be the dream to work with!
4. Who’s style do you admire and respect the most within the blogosphere?
Katherine Ormerod. She’s the coolest Fash journo and business woman who just has the most effortless style and gives the BEST fashion advice!
5. Which colours and patterns do you wear the most?
My palette is pretty natural really, low keys tones, nothing too bright and the only pattern I’ll stretch too is a Breton strip!
6. What trends are you most excited about for the autumn/winter season?
I’m all over the copper/rust colour trend. I think I already own 3 coast in a rusty warm colour, I think I’ve killed the trend for myself already!
7. Are there any trends you wish were never created?
Velour tracksuits. What on earth.
8. Your style is quite casual and laid back, in your opinion what brands so the most comfortable footwear and clothing?
Clothing wise I love my basics if I want to be comfortable . Grey sweaters with worn in jeans and of course, my Gucci slip on loafers because they are basically slippers.
9. You launched Ropes of Holland back in 2012, how has the blogging industry evolved since then?
Blogging is so widely accepted now as a business, and back when I launched, I was just yearning to find a creative outlet as I am a Physio and was studying at the time. I felt I needed to give my brain a rest from al of the exams and revision! I didn’t ever imagine I would be able to work with some of my favourite brands and even make a living from something that started as a hobby.
10. What are your 3 key tips to any young women thinking about starting a blog?
Understand why you want to start one- if it’s to ‘get free stuff and make money’ then you’re setting yourself up to fail. Those things come with hard work, building relationships and being incredible at what you do.
Always stay true to your own style. There’s no point in trying to do what someone else is doing, you need to do you, because that’s what people will engage with you for.
Make and maintain great relationships with brands to come into contact with, you might even make some friends too. It goes a long way to be a good person in this industry.
11. What is the one item you absolutely cannot live without and why?
I think it’s clear that it’s my Gucci loafers. They’re my investment piece! I wear them so often for so many different occasions and they are the comfiest shoes I own.
12. Why do you think Farfetch is the top shopping destination for luxury fashion?
I have shopped with Farfetch for so long, so this is a bit surreal for me! I always head to Farfetch for luxury deisgniers, inspiration and the new in section is updated so often that I’m always on there- it’s one of my favourite websites to shop.