Guess what? The iconic boutique is spreading its wings and we’ve got the lowdown right here…
WORDS BY AMELIA BELL
Welcome to the family, Browns East! The famous London store has just set up (another) shop in a former Shoreditch print factory, and we’re very excited. Why? Well it’s close to our office for one thing, but even sat at a desk it’s giving us even more excuse to indulge in a spot of shopping. Emerging labels to discover? An ever-changing edit of designer pieces to lust over? We live for this stuff.
Be it figuratively or literally, you too can step into the world of Browns East; and whether you’re planning a trip to East London, or simply want to show off in front of your fashion-savvy friends, here are the 5 things you need to know about the boutique of the moment…
- There are 45 pioneering designers within the store’s rotating edit of labels, from Rejina Pyo to Jacquemus and Sies Marjan – all showcased in a gender-neutral space.
- Browns East is also the first incarnation of the Browns Nomad Project (based on Store of the Future) a modern take on the pop-up store model, tailored to its city and neighbourhood.
- There’s a staircase-meets-gallery where you can ogle at an impressive selection of artwork from the likes of Lauren Baker, Juno Calypso and Polly Morgan.
- The store’s entrance is shared with independent creatives, who can use the space for their own artistic ventures, meaning there’ll always be new installations and exciting projects to feast your eyes on.
- And last but not least, raved-about bakery Fatties will be on call for any post-shopping cravings; and if you have not yet tried their salted caramel brownies you need to do so immediately (turmeric lattes are also on the menu for you superfood fans out there). In need of further respite? You can check into a meditation session too!
But don’t worry, you don’t need to be a Londoner to shop the pieces - you can do it right here. Hurrah! If you’re in need of a little inspo, here’s a sneak peek at what’s on our wish list (so far)...