Copenhagen Fashion Week has kicked off...So what’s the word on this Scandinavian style mecca?
WORDS BY AMELIA BELL
PHOTOGRAPHY BY CRIS FRAGKOU
Right now, Fashion’s spotlight is focused firmly on Copenhagen Fashion Week. Why? The new Danish design talents – Ganni, Saks Potts and the like – redressing that renowned Scandi minimalism with a bold new aesthetic. Obviously.
So as showgoers descend on the city, we discover the coolest street style, designers and stop-offs - with a little help from stylish local (and bestselling author) Pernille Teisbaek…
On the catwalk
From small Danish store to global fashion obsession, the girls behind Ganni have risen to the top almost overnight. And no wonder …just a glance at their new season offerings and you’ll want to add everything to your Shopping Bag. Our favourites? Harley Crepe Pants and the Rodier Velvet Jacket.
To think, Catherine Saks and Barbara Potts created their namesake label when they were just 19 years old… These days you can spot their signature colour-block coats on practically every other street style star during the shows. We can’t wait to see what they do next...
On the street
Fashion Week regular Pernille Teisbaek shares her top tips on how to do Copenhagen like a native:
1. Discover Nørrebro’s street art scene
2. Go for a scientific coffee experience at Kent Kaffe Laboratorium
3. Find the perfect between-shows-pick-me-up at Granola and Apollo Bar. It’ll fuel your energy for the day.
4. Enjoy cuisine that gets the seal of approval from the Italians themselves - you can’t go wrong with Cantina, Spaghetteria and Mangia.
5. Last but not least, recharge at the Amazing Space spa at Hotel D’Angleterre – it’s pure, utter bliss.
You might also like...