Since launching farfetch.com in Europe in 2008 and in North America in November of 2009, our mission is to be the online marketplace and the connector of a global fashion community! We are a service provider that works with the most coveted fashion boutiques in the world to feature their product online. We handle everything from online marketing, photography, editing, and payment processing. We help take their physical store success online. We now have over 3000 boutiques across North America, Europe, and Brazil and are truly a global company with over 300 employees across our 5 offices in NYC, Los Angeles, London, Portugal, and Sao Paolo. Some of our US boutiques include the Webster, A’maree’s, Forty Five Ten, American Rag, and Five Story.
- Sr. Director of Business Development
Purpose of role
The success of farfetch.com is driven by the relationships we have with boutiques and that all starts with Business Development. The key purpose of the role is to utilize one’s established relationships and experience and cultivate new relationships with high-end luxury and unique fashion boutiques located throughout the US and introduce them to farfetch.com concept and ultimately have them join our global boutique network.
This position will contribute to the strategy and execution of our US Business Development efforts to continue to build an amazing network of unique specialty stores within the US and North America (Canada and Mexico).
Signing Up New Stores:
- Utilize established relationship with existing specialty stores to introduce them to the farfetch.com concept and our ecommerce service offering
- Initiate contact with prospective new stores through store visits, phone conversations, and emails
- Use salesforce.com to maintain progress reports on each prospective boutique to document progress of establishing a potential partnership
- Constantly review and revise “selling points” and relevant collateral and sales materials based on updates in the business
Ongoing Boutique Experience:
- Ensure and maintain ongoing relationship with boutiques by partnering with the Farfetch Account Management team to address any needs on either side (visits, conference calls, dinners, etc.)
- Initiate timely check-ins with boutiques and partner with Account Management to ensure that expectations are being met (KPIs include sales, fulfillment rate, and sending quality product in a timely manner) and engagement in farfetch.com is strong
- Promote company initiatives to existing boutiques as needed
- At least 3 years’ experience in Wholesale Sales related to high-end and unique fashion apparel and accessories; designer sales experience a plus
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients/customers and knowledge of specialty stores/fashion boutiques preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be professional, self-motivated, and have initiative
- Travel up to 30% of the time (local area and domestic US)
- BS or BA degree, or equivalent experience required
DOE, but is competitive and includes health benefits and employee discount on Merchandise