Do you want to work in a dynamic, fun and growing environment where no two days are the same? Then this could be the contract for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for a freelance stylist to work with our styling team.
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world’s best independent fashion boutiques to an international audience. We are constantly looking for world-class people to take on challenging roles that will help us to fulfil our potential – and you to fulfil yours.
Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 280 independent boutiques across Europe and North America, offices in London, New York, LA, Guimarães and São Paulo, and a team of more than 300 talented people.
We want brilliant candidates who combine a passion for e-commerce with a strong group ethic. In return, we offer successful candidates a dynamic workplace and the opportunity to turn a young company into a leading global player.
The freelance stylist is responsible for preparing outfit rails each day for the shoots, as well as guiding/mentoring the assistant stylists and ensuring they have the necessary support and feedback to achieve their targets. You will work closely with the team to develop the Farfetch visual aesthetic, image quality and productivity. You will report into the studio manager and head of styling and support the efficient running of the studio.
The role is based in our production studios in the Portugal office, with all flights, accommodation and expenses covered. Contract length is negotiable and can range from two weeks to three months.
- Daily preparation and styling of shoot-ready outfits
- Update the Farfetch style guides to reflect any visual changes made throughout the season
- Work closely with the head of styling to develop the styling tool kit
- Work with the style and process co-ordinator to find ways to streamline the process and improve efficiency while maintaining quality
- Hold a daily Kaizen meeting with the stylists to feed back any styling issues
- Meet daily with the head of styling to review the days shoots
- Ensure all ‘crucial’ new brands are researched prior to being shot; outline their heritage and aesthetic for the styling team
- Work with the head of styling and visual merchandising manager to create editorial content
Key skills and experience:
- Ideally, 3-4 years’ experience as a stylist, either in-house or as a freelancer
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make quick, on-the-spot decisions
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Thorough catwalk and brand knowledge