Have you been searching for a great professional development opportunity in the BI area, working within an international project? Then this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for a BI Business Analyst to join the team.
We offer successful candidates no only a dynamic, fun, challenging and multicultural workplace, but also significant potential to progress within the role, and great benefits such as free transportations to/from office if you live in the greater metropolitan area of Porto.
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 300 independent boutiques across Europe and North America, offices in London, New York, LA, Guimarães and São Paulo, and a team of 400 talented people. Its unique combination of marketplace business model and high-end fashion experience positions it for high growth in the large and growing online luxury fashion market.
The BI Business Analyst will be responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the Business Intelligence & Analytics Team. Will also assist the Head of BI in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support the BI goals and roadmap.
The range of responsabilities that this role will comprise are the following:
Product Owner for the BI Team:
Maintain a close relationship and communication with the Scrum Master and the BI Team, making rapid tactical development decisions, active participation in technical release planning, writing user stories and scenarios, maintaining product backlog and helping team to estimate duration of development for user stories.
- Serve as liaison between business users and technical team
- Interview business users to determine requirements for data, reports, metadata, training, data quality and performance
- Analyze, validate and communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques.
- Make sure that data is available to allow BI projects to align with the business strategy
- Work with the development team to scope out and implement new reports and tools as necessary
Quality Assurance for the BI Team:
Ensure that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions:
- Execute and verify testing
- Being a keen advocate of quality and continual improvement
Proactively assist business users with the identification of training in the existing BI tools.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience delivering data and reporting solutions with a strong understanding of BI concepts
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, ODS, Data-Marts and OLAP concepts and designs
- Ability to use SQL to analyze source data and to test/verify the ETL work
- Good analytical and problem solving skills in a data warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Experience interacting with business users, building strong relationships and enabling them to get the most out of our reporting tools
- Identify improvements for processes, standards, deliverables, etc.
- Actively listens to client and teammates
- Driven to produce a quality product; goal-oriented
- Critical thinker
- Positive attitude in challenging environments
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org