The grand finale at last London Fashion Week's Burberry Prorsum show
London Fashion Week is approaching once more. Five days of full-on style madness. And so we've come up with five things that the very idea of have already got our hearts aflutter in excitement. Narrowing it down to just five was a difficult task, but here's what made the cut...
Jessica Ennis after her gold medal win at London 2012
The Olympic Effect
– London is currently in a blaze of glory, still basking from the glow of a hugely successful Summer in which the Jubilee, Olympics and Paralympics took the world centre stage. Will London Fashion Week capitalise on this and keep the momentum going? Can we expect to see a host of Union Jacks everywhere and athletics heroine Jessica Ennis seated firmly centre of the front row?
Christopher Bailey and Simon Woods
– Last week Burberry Prosum
’s Christopher Bailey announced he will marry Pride and Prejudice actor Simon Woods by the end of this month. And naturally the entire fashion industry was thrilled for him. Does this joyous occasion mean that the orchestrated rain storm that was the finale to Burberry Prosum’s last show will be replaced by something a little more…festive? Balloons perhaps, or confetti?
A look from J.W. Anderson's Topshop collection and J.W. Anderson A.W 12
We Have Lift Off
– Feted young designer J. W. Anderson
won’t be just wowing us with one of his signature fashion-forward shows this Fashion Week, on 17th September he will also celebrate the launch of his collection for Topshop with a massive party, which has rocketed to the top of our invite wish-list. The collection itself will be available from the 14th September to coincide with the beginning of LFW.
Jonathan Saunders A/W 12
Upping His Game
– The show we’re most excited about has to be Jonathan Saunders
, the Scottish designer has delivered killer collections these past few seasons and he looks set to become one of the industry’s most exciting designers. Since he now has the extra boost of winning the BFC/Vogue
Fashion Fund prize, he now has more resources and reason than ever to bring it.
Simone Rocha A/W 12
The New Girl
– Our new favourite on the fashion block, Simone Rocha
’s beautiful minimalism has already seen her emerge from the shadows of her famous designer father John, and now she’s been nominated for the Emerging Talent award at the upcoming British Fashion Awards we’re especially excited to see what she’s got to offer for next season.